forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5441  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Kimberly Gritten
Date:  Sat Aug 11, 2001  8:01 pm
Subject:  SW Demo difficulty & Educational Interpreter needed

Hello:

I am contacting you for two reasons:

First, I am subscribed to the Sign Writing e-mail list group. I have enjoyed

the posts there for a few months now, but I'm having problems with getting,
the software demo (for USA) to download. Can you help?

Second, My daughter is deaf, but her hearing aids and lip-reading skill
allow her to understand about 70% of speech, and she mainstreamed with an
educational interpreter in a regular classroom. Her educational interpreter
has taken a position serving two deaf children in another school district
about 50 miles from our house and jobs. The local district has advertised
for an interpreter with no response. So, we have decided to move to another
nearby district. Rock Creek Elementary School, in Franklin County, has a
Deaf education teacher in place for another student. While no interpreter is

on staff now, this educator may provide advice for Mary Beth's classroom
teacher until an interpreter is hired.

In the meantime, I have placed the following message on every bulletin board

and sent it to every e-mail address I have for every person involved in any
way in the deaf community. Please help us if you can by forwarding the
message anywhere it may reach a potential candidate.

"Educational Interpreter Needed in Franklin County, TN
Hi! My daughter needs an educational interpreter. She is in second grade and

has used an educational interpreter for two years.
Estill Springs is located in Franklin County in Southern Middle Tennessee.
The area is beautiful with a mountain view, and offers opportunity for water

recreation on Elk River and Tim's Ford Lake.
I don't know how much the salary is, but she has been described as a joy to
work with by last year's teacher and interpreter.
Please contact me by email if you would like to apply for this position, and

I'll give you a phone number to contact the school district.
Please reply as soon as possible. School begins 8/14/2001
Thank you."

I welcome any information or assistance you can provide.

Thank you.

Kimberly Gritten

  Replies Author Date
5442 Re: SW Demo difficulty Valerie Sutton Sun  8/12/2001
5443 Educational Interpreter needed Valerie Sutton Sun  8/12/2001
5444 SignWriting Literacy Project for schools Valerie Sutton Sun  8/12/2001

  Message 5441  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index