forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5448  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Aug 12, 2001  5:50 pm
Subject:  Re: problems with the Dictionary in SW44 Re: Some basic information about SW needed...

Stefan wrote:
>If you copied the two dictionary - files ( .dic and .din ) from a CD
>then there can accur a problem in using it if there is a "Schreibschutz"
>So please get to the Windows - Explorer and check both files ( .dic) and
>(.din) and change the status from the protected mode to archives .

SignWriting List
August 12, 2001

It is so great, Stefan, that you are giving tech support too...I do
not know Windows like you do. Your point is well taken. I never
thought of the protected mode....

Related to this issue, there is something new regarding SignWriter.
Now people who purchase the SignWriter Computer Program receive a CD
instead of many floppy disks.

I found out that it is possible to use SignWriter on the CD, without
copying the SW directory over to the hard drive. Everything goes
fine, until you want to save what you typed...and then it says you
cannot save....since the CD is read-only.

So, I placed instructions on the CD label saying that it is important
to copy the whole contents of the CD onto the hard drive.

So there is always a chance, if a person cannot save, that they were
working from the CD itself...not realizing...

Val ;-)

  Message 5448  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index