forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5452  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Aug 12, 2001  9:20 pm
Subject:  Re: problems with the Dictionary in SW44 Re: Some basic information about SW needed...

Stefan wrote:
>but if I burn the SW files on CD and copy the files now - I have to change
>the protected mode of the files on my harddisk !!!

SignWriting List
August 12, 2001

Smile...we definitely have different computers!

One of these days, when I catch up (ha!), I can send you one of the
CDs I burn here, and see if you have the same problems.

The truth is...computers do work differently...not only between
different platforms like Mac and Windows...but also between two
Windows computers....there can be major differences ....

That is why everyone is welcome to ask questions..sooner or later we
will fall upon the answer for you...

And talking about that...(grin ;-)...my turn for tech support from all of you!

I changed one of my settings for sending attachments and Angus told
me in a private message that for the first time, he did not receive
the extra Apple information that he used to get and throw away,
everytime I sent an attachment...

So on Angus' computer, I have succeeded to find the reason why...

So Stefan, if you ever receive ONE copy of my attachments instead of
two, please tell me so I can know what the settings are...Many thanks
for your patience!
--
Val ;->

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write All Movement

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 5452  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index