forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5481  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Wed Aug 15, 2001  5:39 pm
Subject:  SW and SW 4.4 question ("How to write the description of a corporate seal?")

For the "fun of it", I was playing with the translation of an
organizations' bylaws. I noticed the English description of their corporate
seal. Here is what it says in English:

The emblem and corporate seal of the Association are two concentric circles
between two of which are the words "________ Association" preceded and
followed by three stars each on the upper circumference and four words,
"Established _____" above the map and "Incorporated _____" beneath the map ...

My challenge is that in ASL I would assume that two circles would be drawn
one bigger and then one smaller within the larger circle to translate the
phrase 2 concentric circles. Then I would expect the depiction of the
upper arc of the concentric circles and the indication that the phrase
"________ Association" to be placed there. Then indicating the inner
circle, I would establish the map and then indicate above it to put the
phrase "Established ..." and then indicate below it the phrase
"Incorporated ..."

How would I use SW (and in particular the SW 4.4 program) to depict this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
5490 Re: SW and SW 4.4 question ("How to write the des Valerie Sutton Wed  8/15/2001

  Message 5481  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index