forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5484  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Aug 15, 2001  7:14 pm
Subject:  SW Touch Screen Keypad

Tony McCloskey wrote:
>I am interested in designing a touch screen keypad that is a
>wearable device that can be used to translate sign language or
>SignWriting to English text or speech. The keypad would store signs
>in a database and display different signs on the touch screen as the
>conversation progresses. Intelligent techniques would be applied so
>as each device would be applicable to the individual user in their
>life. The system would learn from the user the types of
>conversations they have in certain environments and with certain
>people and learn to predict the signs that are most likely to be
>needed at each point in a particular type of conversation.

SignWriting List
August 15, 2001

Tony -
This is a fascinating idea. Great project, if you can stick with it
over several years. It is not something that will be devleoped
overnight...

My second thought...
I think you should contact another programmer, Antonio Carlos da
Rocha Costa in Brazil. Antonio Carlos has developed SWML...the
SignWriting Markup Language. He also works with artificial
intelligence in computers. I remember awhile back, I received a
message from Antonio Carlos regarding using SignWriting in handheld
palmtop devices...so these issues are something that he works with:

Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa

SWML Site
SignWriting Markup Language
https://swml.ucpel.tche.br

Val ;-)

  Message 5484  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index