forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5491  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Wed Aug 15, 2001  11:26 pm
Subject:  Re: SW Touch Screen Keypad

This is very impressive, Fabiana and Antonio Carlos! I was
skeptical when Antonio Carlos first mentioned the idea to me in London,
but I didn't realize he was thinking of standardized handwriting a la
Graffiti/Palm. I'm interested to see how it works with a larger symbol
set, including the other symbols like the facial symbols and curved
arrows, and how you plan to handle rotation around various axes.

I have a question about the symbol described as "Dedo Indicador
com o Punho Fechado." My translation of this is "Index Finger with the
Fist Closed." But there's also another symbol that's simply described as
"Dedo Indicador," and it looks like the same symbol with a different
orientation. The standardized handwriting for the two seems almost
completely different.

The other question I have is simply: What's the difference
between the two columns labeled "Escrita"? Are they two sets of possible
standard handwritings?

You haven't gotten me to give up my keyboards yet, but it's very
interesting...

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 5491  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index