forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5495  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Aug 17, 2001  1:10 pm
Subject:  Re: SW Touch Screen Keypad

Antonio Carlos wrote:
>Please, take a look at
>https://atlas.ucpel.tche.br/~fabinha
>The page shows a few exercises done by Fabiana, a student
>working with me, in the direction of getting a "standardized"
>way of moving the hand in writing SignWriting shorthand.

SignWriting List
August 17, 2001

This is fabulous, Antonio Carlos! Please send my congratulations to
Fabiana, who has really started a new era in using SW Handwriting.

I remember you had mentioned Fabiana's work to me before, but I
hadn't realized how far it had come.

Karen van Hoek and I have been discussing updating SW Shorthand to
become SW Handwriting for daily use. And Karen has started writing a
new manual on SW Handwriting, using the Shorthand symbols but with a
little more detail added.

I am working on the new SignBank and SymbolBank right now, so that we
can have a working database in FileMaker:

SignBank
https://www.SignBank.org

SymbolBank
https://signbank.org/symbolbank/

As I post more SW Printing symbols in SymbolBank...Karen and I hope
to then start a section where the same symbols are listed in the
Handwriting form...

So what is the time-table for Fabiana's work? Are more symbols needed
right now?

--
Val ;->