forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5501  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Aug 18, 2001  3:20 pm
Subject:  Re: Mohamed's Question from Saudi Arabia

SignWriting List
August 18, 2001

>Mohamed wrote:
>Last week while I was using SW program I found the sign
>{baby finger upward, ring finger middle bend forward, index finger
>upward ,thumb closed to index}maybe it must be like this. It is
>necessary to draw chair ,bed in (ASL ).

Hello Mohamed!
At first, when I saw you mention ASL, I thought you meant American
Sign Language. But then I realized that you must be talking about
Arabian Sign Language!?

Is there a difference between Jordanian and Saudi Arabian Sign
Languages?..or have they somehow been standardized through the school
systems?...

Anyway, I will be happy to teach you how to construct that handshape.
I am working on a lesson now. I am not ready yet.

While you are waiting, take a look at some SignWriting E-Lessons. We
have discussed constructing new handshapes in the past:

Question 0018 & 0019: Handshape Construction
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/less009.html

Question 0021: Handshape Construction
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/less010.html

Question 0036: Handshape Construction
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/less016.html

Question 0046 & 0047:
Typing-Constructing New Handshapes in SignWriter 4.4
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/less020.html
--

Val ;->