forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5504  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Sat Aug 18, 2001  4:24 pm
Subject:  name sign Peru - facial expression

Hi Valerie, Julia in Peru and listmembers,

here is our next gif -

I guess that there is right now not the moment to start a big discussion
about facial expressions and using these possibilities for referring to
spoken language mouth -movements.

Nevertheless - In Germany we developed a system "Geb ʰ denSchrift-
Mundbilder" in order to support the articulation - process for deaf
students - It works pretty good ;-))))

So this is the background of our question -

What kind of sound do you try to form with your mouth while performing this
sign for Peru ? Is it a "U" or more kind of "sh" ? Would you accept our
spellings b or c as well ?? Just curious !

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
peru_ SW_symbol.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5504  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index