forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5508  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Aug 18, 2001  4:30 pm
Subject:  Re: SW symbol Finland

>Are there different versions among the Deaf in Finnland ?
>Stefan ;-)

SignWriting List
August 18, 2001

Actually, there are several countries that do not have correct signs
on our web page...

Who Uses SignWriting
https://www.SignWriting.org/about/who/who.html

The sign for England is an ASL sign...I have no idea what the
international sign for England is...I will be happy to change that if
someone can tell us.

The sign for Finland in ASL taps the teeth...I will be happy to
change it, once you come to a decision.

And Bolivia...I need your sign for your country...I simply patterned
it after the sign for Colombia, because I didn't know your sign.

And Colombia...I took your sign from the documents you sent me...I
hope it is correct.

And there are several others too, that may not be the correct
international sign...for example...the sign for South Africa is the
ASL sign for Africa...but what is the sign for "South" Africa - in
South Africa?! I do not know...

So let's update the Who Uses SignWriting page...I would love that!!
--

Val ;->