forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5516  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Sun Aug 19, 2001  4:21 pm
Subject:  Re: Mexican sign for Mexico

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Thank you for your GIF, Angus. And thanks Nancy and Charles, for your
> verbal descriptions. Please see my GIF attached...Are any of these at
> all correct?

The first one is definitely not correct. And I don't think the
third one is. The second one has the brushing contact, but it seems to be
with the cheek or chin. The sign I've seen has had it at the tip of the
nose. And I'm not sure I know exactly what the arrow means, even though
it's the one I chose. Can it apply to a 70-degree turn of the wrist?

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 5516  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index