forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5524  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon Aug 20, 2001  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: Mexican sign for Mexico

Wow - Valerie ,

that has been a very quick reply - and I love to see all the people engaged
in these spelling problem -

well - one thing is to get the information what kind of movement is to be
performed in order to express the sign for Mexico -

the other thing is to write it in a way that even the uninformed but
competent SW - reader would perform a movement that comes close to what the
scribe has had on his mind ;-)

Reading all your wonderfull gifs I still feel not secure to understand your
concept accurately. Therefore I get back to the start - and endposition -
spelling which is of advantage until you are familiar with a special sign of
any SL.

So here is a new gif - presenting 4 alternatives - as you can see - there
are some differences regarding the start or endposition.

I am looking forward to your answers.

Stefan ;-)