forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5542  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Wed Aug 22, 2001  1:23 pm
Subject:  Printing Problems Update

Our office recently got an HP Laserjet 4+. I tried the Hewlett Packard
mode on the files that I sent to Valerie. They also will not print well in
formats 4 and 5. Basically, it will print the first column and then have
some kind of printer "garbage" in the remaining columns on the page. Just
wanted to let you know about that.

Has anyone else been successful on a regular basis with using formats 4 and
5? Maybe I don't have something set right? Any feedback? I also updated
my copy of Ghostscript/Ghostview to the most current versions and still
have problems reading the Postscript output for formats 4 and 5 for the one
document. Funny thing is that it worked for two other documents but not
this one document. Can't figure it out.

The other larger formats print well and with no problem as far as I can
tell. But for this project, I would like to print it smaller to show that
SW can fit into a smaller space (as people are proficient in reading the
smaller print.)

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
5545 Re: Printing Problems Update Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  8/22/2001
5547 Re: Printing Problems Update Stuart Thiessen Wed  8/22/2001
5549 Re: Printing Problems Update Valerie Sutton Wed  8/22/2001
5550 Re: Printing Problems Update Stuart Thiessen Wed  8/22/2001
5551 Re: Printing Problems Update Valerie Sutton Wed  8/22/2001

  Message 5542  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index