forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5544  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Wed Aug 22, 2001  2:00 pm
Subject:  Update from Des Moines

I am finally able to report that we now have a group of 7 deaf adults who
are willing to learn SignWriting. We have a small group that meets on
Tuesday nights to study how the Bible relates to everyday life. We will be
adding a 30 minute session afterwards for people in the small group who are
interested in learning SW. So far 7 in the group are interested.

Up til now, I have been taking the topic from the book we are using and
summarizing it in English for the group. My hope is to transition to ASL
and English summaries and eventually go to ASL only summaries after people
become more proficient in SW. So, we will see how it all goes.

FYI,

Stuart

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
5557 Re: Update from Des Moines Valerie Sutton Wed  8/22/2001

  Message 5544  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index