forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5553  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Aug 22, 2001  3:52 pm
Subject:  No more printing problems! ;-)

SignWriting List
August 22, 2001

Dear SW List members, Stuart, Angus, Bill, Agnes...

I have just succeeded to create new, perfect PDF files from Stuart's
postscript files, that are the complete files...all two pages each.

And they print beautifully, whether it be Mac or Windows, whether it
be a postscript printer or an ink jet.

So if you do not want printing problems with SignWriter 4.4, there is
one good solution:

1. Use SignWriter 4.4 (not 4.3)
2. When you need to print a file, print to a postscript file.
3. Create your PDF files using Acrobat 4.0 or 5.0.

Yes...Acrobat costs money, and GhostView is free shareware. I only
know that Acrobat seems more reliable, perhaps because it is being
continually updated by Adobe...and that is why it costs
money...because they give excellent tech support.

The other printing problems you mention, Stuart, will not exist if
you create PDF files...

I would suggest you either increase your memory in GhostView, or
purchase Adobe Acrobat!

I will send you the two files I created with two pages each, privately.

Best of luck with all your projects!
--
Val ;->

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write All Movement

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
phone: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 5553  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index