forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5558  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Aug 22, 2001  11:20 pm
Subject:  name sign Peru - facial expression

SignWriting List
August 22, 2001

Hello Everyone!

A few days ago, Stefan asked a question of Julie in Peru, about the
mouth movements for the sign for Peru. (Please see the attached
diagram...)

Stefan wrote:
>Nevertheless - In Germany we developed a system "GebaerdenSchrift-
>Mundbilder" in order to support the articulation - process for deaf
>students - It works pretty good ;-))))
>So this is the background of our question -
>What kind of sound do you try to form with your mouth while performing this
>sign for Peru ? Is it a "U" or more kind of "sh" ? Would you accept our
>spellings b or c as well ?? Just curious !

Val again"
I knew Julie was away on a trip, Stefan, so I wrote to her privately,
and here is her answer:

"The examples that Stephan sent if I understand right would be "b" but there
is no exalation with the pronunciation. It's pronounced like pay-roo with a
little roll in the r. "

Attachment
peru__SW_symbol.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5558  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index