forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5567  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Aug 24, 2001  2:27 am
Subject:  Re: FileMaker Runtime

SignWriting List
August 23, 2001

Hello Everyone!
I had such a positive day today, working on our SignBank 2.0 database
development. Our programmer Todd and I worked 6 hours, trying to
finish the ten printing formats for SignWriting dictionaries in
SignBank.

SignBank makes it possible to print dictionaries sorted by words or
sorted by Sign-Symbol-Sequence. There are also multi-lingual print
formats, where ten signed languages can be shown on one printed
page...or just two...or just one...it is quite fexible.

This weekend I will test the program, and hopefully next week we will
complete our documentation. Todd is writing the information for other
database programmers, and I will write instruction for SignBank users.

I will also try to arrange for some donated copies of FileMaker 5.5,
from Apple and the FileMaker people. I am hoping that I can give
FileMaker 5.5 to a few interested people who would like to beta test
SignBank 2.0 this Fall....Then SignBank Runtime, which will be
shareware, will be available later, after the beta testing results
have ironed out any problems....And then, after that, we hope to
create a web version of the database, for researchers around the
world, who would like to join other researchers, sharing SignWriting
data quickly on the web.

So this is an ongoing project....I am hoping that the SignBank
databases will contribute to improving standardized spellings in
SignWriting around the world....
--

Val ;->