forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5609  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Sep 7, 2001  6:04 pm
Subject:  News from Agnes in France

News from Agnes in France
SignWriting List
September 7, 2001

Dear SignWriting List Members:

I am writing to introduce a new member to our List... Agnès Belzunce from France. Welcome, Agnes!

Below is a message from Agnes, who had printing problems with SignWriter 4.4, but found GhostScript and GhostView on the web, and can now print with SignWriter....I am so happy to know this message, Agnes!

Another List member, Angus Grieve-Smith, found GhostScript for us years ago...and it still works well...many List members use it.

Because I use Acrobat for so many things, I purchased Acrobat 5.0. But I am really grateful to the GhostScript developers for investing in their product, and then offering it for free on the internet. A true gift to the world....

Now, Agnes, can you tell us a little bit about your work with SignWriting in France?

Have you had any contact with the group in France that started with SignWriting in Toulouse?

Val ;-)

-------------------------------

Agnès Belzunce from France wrote:
>Thanks for your counsels, and for responding quickly to my mail.
>I write to you again to tell about my problem to print your program
>SignWriter. Thanks for your mails.
>I saw lesson 9, and I saw that the program who is used, is Acrobat
>Distiller. I haven't this program, so I look for on Internet and finaly I
>found it, but it's a program who is for sale.
>I don't want to buy on Internet, so I searched everywhere on Internet for a
>program to convert Postscript in PDF.Finaly I founded 2 programs:
>Ghostscript 7.0 and GSview 4.0
>I downloaded these two programs and yet I am available to print directly
>from a postscript file with GSview. It's a very good program and the print
>quality is very good.
>I like to join The SignWriting List, how do I proceed?
>
>Thanks for all and Greetings from France,
>Agnes

  Replies Author Date
5669 News from Agnes in France Valerie Sutton Sun  9/23/2001
5689 Re: News from Agnes in France Valerie Sutton Sun  9/23/2001
5670 Re: News from Agnes in France Denny Lancaster Sun  9/23/2001

  Message 5609  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index