forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5627  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Sep 15, 2001  4:38 am
Subject:  Re: Deaf Students' Expression of Sorrow

SignWriting List
September 14, 2001

Dear SignWriting List:

Irina is Deaf and nine years old. She wrote a letter in SignWriting
in German Sign Language. The letter said something like this:

"Hello Mrs. Valerie Sutton. I saw a film on the television. I was
very frightened. Danny informed me. Then I also saw the film. The
airplane flew against the multistoried building. The multistoried
building collapsed. There was dirt and smoke - There was also fire.
Did you see how the multistoried building collapsed? Irina"

And here is my response in SignWriting (see the diagram below). I
will go over each sign later....Generally I said:

"Hello Irina. Thank you for your letter. I was happy to read it. The
world is sad, but now people help each other, and give support and
love. We are becoming a world family." Val ;-)

Attachment
World-Love.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5627  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index