forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5632  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Sat Sep 15, 2001  5:42 pm
Subject:  Re: Expression of sorrow

Dear everyone,

This is Charles Butler, near DC.

I am fine, and most of my Deaf friends in this area, to the best of my
knowledge are.

One situation, that many of you may not know, is that during the time of our
grief, Brasil has been going through a much worse time internally. Rather
than one or two bombs in one area, there is rioting in the streets over land
reform and very much danger to anyone studying there.

I have heard from friends of mine in Pelotas and Porto Alegre, Brasil, and
they are asking us to pray for them, even in the midst of our own griefs, as
they are close to civil war.

Just so people remember that we are not the only people in the world dealing
with highly volatile situations.

Charles Butler