forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5633  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Sep 17, 2001  1:04 pm
Subject:  Re: Expression of sorrow

Charles Butler wrote:
>I have heard from friends of mine in Pelotas and Porto Alegre,
>Brasil, and they are asking us to pray for them, even in the midst
>of our own griefs, as they are close to civil war. Just so people
>remember that we are not the only people in the world dealing with
>highly volatile situations.

SignWriting List
September 17, 2001

Hello Everyone and Charles!
Thank you for writing to tell us you are OK. I am glad...

And thank you sooooo much for informing us about Brazil. Although I
knew that Brazil is having a very hard time, I did not know that it
is close to civil war. No one wrote to me about this from Pelotas or
Porto Alegre. And our news media in the US has been talking only
about our own problems...you are right about that...so I have never
once heard on the news about rioting in the streets in Brazil. Yes. I
am praying for them, I assure you...and for other countries too....

  Message 5633  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index