forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5646  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Tue Sep 18, 2001  7:27 am
Subject:  Re: [SignWriting] Linux & the SignBank 2.0 Database

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> SignWriting List
> September 17, 2001
>
> QUESTION: Will the new SignBank 2.0 database support Linux?
>
> ANSWER: Yes. SignBank 2.0 is a specially-designed database in
> FileMaker 5.0 or later. The new FileMaker 5.5 does support Linux.

That's great news :-) as my computing environment is solely Linux.

> Here is information about FileMaker 5.5:
>
> Platforms and Technologies Supported
>
> FileMaker supports multiple platforms, including the Web, Windows,
> Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows 2000 Terminal Services and Citrix
> MetaFrame (certification planned for summer of 2001),Palm, iMode
> (planned for late 2001, in Japan), and - planned for first half of
> 2002 -Pocket PC.

Sadly that's the only sentence on the entire FileMaker web site to mention
Linux. I'm hassling FM directly to provide more information (system
requirements, features, price, etc) on this supposed Linux version.
There's lots of Windows NT/2000 noise but virtual silence on Linux.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Replies Author Date
5648 Re: Linux & the SignBank 2.0 Database Valerie Sutton Tue  9/18/2001

  Message 5646  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index