forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5648  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Sep 18, 2001  3:52 pm
Subject:  Re: Linux & the SignBank 2.0 Database

SignWriting List
September 18, 2001

Dear SW List and Trevor -

SignBank 2.0 in FileMaker is mainly for Windows and Macintosh users.
There is no question that FileMaker is new to Linux. The Linux
version is only available in the new FileMaker 5.5. And not everyone
that uses FileMaker owns version 5.5 yet.

I know there is a Linux FileMaker server, because DeafVision, our web
server, offered to purchase the server software for the Linux
version...and they researched it..so it does exist.

But regarding our SignBank database....we plan to offer a Runtime
version someday, which will be free shareware. So you are not
required to purchase FileMaker unless you want to...I will ask our
programmer about a Linux version of the Runtime.

Val ;-)