forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5674  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Sep 23, 2001  3:19 pm
Subject:  Mohamed: Yes! Permission to Publish SW ;-)

Mohamed from the Arabic Nations wrote:
>>Today I have finished a simple Arabic Translation for the files of
>>SW program which I feel it is necessary for those who use ArSL and
>>like to learn to write (ArSL) .....So I ©_ l be grateful if you
>>send me a permission to do that and also to translate the manual of
>>SW program to the Arabic language......Mohamed

SignWriting List
September 23, 2001

Dear SW List, and Mohamed:

We are soooo glad to hear from you, Mohamed! Thank you for taking the
time to translate SignWriting lessons into the Arabic language. I
feel very honored that you have done this. And very grateful too,
that you are interested in teaching SignWriting to Deaf people in
your countries.

Yes. Of course you have my full permission to translate any
SignWriting publications you wish, including the SW program manuals,
SW lessons, children's stories...anything that will be useful to you.

In each publication, on the copyright page, give yourself and others
credit for the new work you have done, and then repeat the copyrights
for the old SignWriting original publication, and give our address
and website information, so that people can contact us...and your
address too...and send us a copy - ha!

If you want, I can try to add another web area to our site, on your
work in the Arabic Nations. I am always behind in completing web
postings, but I certainly can do that as soon as I have completed my
other promises...I have promised to Spain, New Mexico, Colombia and
Greece...to name a few. But when I am finished with those, I can do a
section on the Arabic Nations. I will need to know how to type in the
Arabic language...that will be complex but we can work together on
this at a later date....