forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5684  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Sep 23, 2001  8:50 pm
Subject:  Re: pray

Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:
>Thanks for your thoughts, Valerie. Yes, I live in the Bronx now,
>which is a few miles away from where the World Trade center was.
>Fortunately, no one close to me was hurt or killed by the attacks. But I
>used to walk through the World Trade Center every day on my way to work,
>and the thought of all those people killed still keeps me awake some
>nights....

SignWriting List
September 23, 2001

My dear friend Angus -
I am so sorry to hear of your direct experience. I can imagine you
will never be the same again. The US has been sheltered from this
kind of pain in the past, and we all know that other countries
experience these kinds of senseless attacks everyday. So now, for
better or for worse, we are all in the same boat, and maybe rather
than rocking the boat, perhaps we can learn to row in harmony...It is
an opportunity we should not let pass, since it is not everyday that
people are stirred to work together...

That is why I feel blessed to have contact with all of you on the SW
List - so many marvelous people...from 27 countries....are we not
fortunate? Through documentation, we will all live on...So I suggest
that we continue to write and publish about all we have learned...

I am hoping to start publishing a new CD every December. This year's
CD will be called "SignWriting CD 2001". It will capture all of our
SignWriting web sites, and any other web sites using SignWriting,
plus the SignWriting List Archives. It will also store documents for
all the currently used publications in PDF format, and any other
historic information that is important to document. And I hope to
both sell the SignWriting CDs in school bookstores, plus distribute
it freely to teachers of the Deaf and to some research groups. I hope
the SignWriting CD's will act as a form of historic record, as well
as instruction for people around the world.

I do not know how to make your sleepless nights better, Angus, but I
want you to know that if you would like your work preserved on the
SignWriting CD 2001 too (no matter what the writing system ;-)), I
will be happy to place it there....You have contributed so much to
SignWriting all these years!

Val ;-)

  Message 5684  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index