forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5756  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  3:04 pm
Subject:  cachorro quente - left hand - reading problem

Hi Charles, Valerie and friends,

wow Valerie this finger-movement- lesson is simply great.

I just think of different movement writing scenes (playinf with marbles in
jour and or playing Spanish castanets -- it is fun ! Thank you !

Looking at the Libras sign for "hot dog" (cachorro quente) I got trapped
with my old "reading problem"

May be this time I can learn a little bit more to understand how to read
this handshape, that is so difficult to understand . Looking at the sequence
in the Spanish book "signoescritura" I can understand - but now there seems
a different point of view or another interpretation.

Sorry to bother you but I would like to find my way as a scribe how to use
this symbol .
I sat down and played around with different movement descriptions - always
the left hand parallel to the floor and the right index coming down on the
left palm. Now the left hand closes to S-fist or A-fist while both hands
move down as a unit just a little bit.

If you can follow my spelling it would be a great help to me - if you could
add a line to the left hand in your spelling that should serve as an
orientation how to look at the hand. Where is the lower left arm located ?

Thanks a lot

Stefan ;-)