forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5757  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  3:49 pm
Subject:  SW stories to share? ;-)

SignWriting List
October 2, 2001

Dear SW List...
There are so many wonderful stories to share. Teachers and
researchers around the globe are writing to me privately, telling me
inspirational stories...

Yes. I can honestly say that signed languages are slowly becoming
written languages...

Thanks to all of you!

As you know, I am not able to travel any longer....I used to....I
used to live in different countries and speak different languages...I
loved being a world traveler!

But now, I have the great gift of computers and a big picture window
looking out over a wild canyon....As I type email messages to the
SignWriting List, I look out over the world from a mountain top, and
I see wild life in front of me...So many wonderful forms of life out
in the wild....hummingbirds, quail, doves, coyotes, bob cats,
rabbits, foxes and even people occasionally!

So I travel the world through the SW List.... Thank you, to all of
you, for sharing your stories with me. They inspire us all to
continue to work towards a common goal...

In this thread, I will try to give you a perspective, country by
country, on all that is happening with SignWriting around the
globe.....email message by email message....slowly but surely ;-)

I hope you too, will share your work with the SW List ...All stories
are most welcome!!

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Replies Author Date
5758 Re: SW stories to share? ;-) Valerie Sutton Tue  10/2/2001
5759 Re: SW stories to share? ;-) Valerie Sutton Tue  10/2/2001

  Message 5757  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index