forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5771  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Sat Oct 6, 2001  5:03 pm
Subject:  Learning SignWriting anyone help?

Yes after all this time as a member of the list I finally have the time to
learn SignWriting. :-O I have "Lessons in SignWriting" and SignWriter 4.4.
However, I'm find the heavy dependency upon ASL in the workbook a
hinderance to learning SignWriting for British Sign Language, which is my
only signed language. Things like Spanish-R and Portugese-R have me
confused. As do some of the axial/curved/rotational movement symbols.
Maybe I'm just expecting a shallower learning curve.

I'm wondering whether there's someone in England --- especially near
London --- who'd be prepared to give me a few hours face-to-face coaching?
For didactic reasons I need this before early AM Monday 22nd Oct. Perhaps
an of-list contact so we can negoiate a fair rate for your time and agree
a date to meet.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at https://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Replies Author Date
5773 Re: Learning SignWriting anyone help? Valerie Sutton Sat  10/6/2001

  Message 5771  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index