forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6065  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Dec 20, 2001  11:29 pm
Subject:  SIGNWRITING SERVICES 2002

SignWriting List
December 20, 2001

Need assistance with your SignWriting publications? SignWriting can
pose unique problems for graphics artists who are designing books or
CDs using SignWriting. There are many questions. It takes special
skill and software.

If your research project needs ongoing SignWriting assistance, a
SignWriting Services account can be setup through purchase orders.
Write to me about the financial details. Individuals are also welcome
to contact me for help. Jobs need to be scheduled in advance. I look
forward to working with you! Here are the services available in 2002:

SIGNWRITING SERVICES 2002

1. WRITE SIGNS: QUICKTIME-TO-SGN
QuickTime video clips of signs are written in SignWriting for you,
and typed in SignWriter 4.4, giving you a SGN file.

2. EDIT SIGNS: SGN-TO-QUICKTIME
Your SGN document, which you typed in SignWriter 4.4, is compared to
QuickTime video clips of the same signs, giving you feedback and
answering your questions.

3. SGN-TO-GRAPHICS CONVERSION
No editing. Just converting a SGN document to better graphics, and
giving you a series of graphics files, in any graphics format you
request.

4. HORIZONTAL-TO-VERTICAL
No editing. The SGN file is converted to better graphics, and the
signs are placed in vertical columns. The vertical columns are saved
as graphics files.

5. SGN-TO-SIGNBANK
No editing. The SGN file is converted to better graphics, and the
individual signs are stored in a SIGNBANK database file for you. The
signs are given a "Sign-Symbol-Sequence", so they sort properly. You
can then blend the SIGNBANK file with your existing SignBank database.

To read more about SIGNBANK, go to:

SIGNBANK
https://signbank.org/help/sbhelp01.html

Valerie Sutton
SignWriting Services

  Message 6065  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index