forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6085  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Dec 27, 2001  8:26 pm
Subject:  Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting

SignWriting in the Arabic Nations
https://www.SignWriting.org/arabia/arabia.html

SignWriting List
December 27, 2001

Hello Mohamed!
The new Arabian web posting is just a beginning...there will be more
later. Your Arabic font worked well on one of my older computers, but
I had trouble with creating PDF files in Arabic, so I created GIFs of
each page of the manual, instead of reading it as "editable type".
This took longer than expected, so at least I posted a few paragraphs
and the graphics files you created. I think graphics files are the
best for now, because they do not require a special font in Arabic.

Egypt is starting to take interest too, and we may want to add some
SignWriting from Egypt and other Arabic nations later...

What is the names of your schools in Saudi Arabia and Jordan,
Mohamed? Can you send me a picture of you or of your students
learning SignWriting? Please tell us more about your students and
your school - we would love to meet you all!

Many blessings from half way around the globe -

___________________________

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 6085  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index