forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6123  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon Dec 31, 2001  2:08 am
Subject:  Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting!

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> When the Ghost program, or Acrobat, create the PDF file from the
> Postscript File, the Ghost Program or Acrobat has to be a special
> version that will embed the Arabic font from right to left...

> I understand there is a special version of Acrobat for Arabic that
> saves fonts from right to left. I do not know if there is one for
> Ghost or not...

I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine so! I'm certainly
interested in trying it out. I don't have a very fast computer -- on
purpose, because I'm not interested in being so much on the cutting edge
that I get out of touch with the needs of the average user. This means
that it's a real pain downloading large PDFs (anything over 20K per page).

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
6124 Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting! Valerie Sutton Mon  12/31/2001
6139 Re: ARABIA: New Web Posting! Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  1/2/2002

  Message 6123  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index