|SignWriting List Forum|
Henk Pel |
Date: Wed Jan 2, 2002 1:11 am
Subject: FW: VIRUS WARNING!!!!!!
From: Brad & Lee Perkins 
Sent: January 1, 2002 2:31 PM
Subject: VIRUS WARNING!!!!!!
I just received an email that said I might have a virus that is
spread from address book to address book. It is apparently undetectable
by Norton and McAfee. It remains dormant for abut 14 days then
activates and wipes out the hard drive data. When I checked my
hard drive, I did find the virus and successfully deleted it.
Since I have you in my address book, I want to share this
message in case you, too, picked it up. The directions for removing it
are quite easy to follow.
1. Go to 'Start' - then to 'find or search' (depending on your computer)
2. In the 'search for files or folders' type -- sulfnbk.exe -- this is
3. In the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C.
4. Hit 'search' button (or find)
5. If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the
name 'sulfnbk.exe') DO NOT OPEN IT.
6. RIGHT click on the file - go down to delete and left click.
7. It will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin,
8. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double
click on the recycle bin.
9. Right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again - or empty the bin.
If you find it, send this email to aX-Mozilla-Status: 0009k,
because that's how it's transferred.
Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully, you won't find it, or at
least will find it in time to avoid problems with your hard drive.