forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6231  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Flavio Medina
Date:  Wed Jan 23, 2002  1:24 am
Subject:  Re: Your opinions

Hello list members, and specially everyone that made
suggestions.

Thank you so much for your cooperation. As you all
know, I'm still on the very beggining of my research,
and my problems right now were around choosing a theme
to propose to enter the masters. For now, I've tried
to pass by with something by the lines "research on
representation and communication of sign language in
computers using SW"... and hope they accept me in :)

And as most of you must know too, choosing a master's
project doesn't depend only on my. If it did, I would
go for this interface thing right now - as more than
anything I want to be useful. Things have to be
discussed with my supervisor (in japanese... :), and
we have to come to agreements. Also, not only useful,
master projects must have "new technology (algorithms,
etc.) development", otherwise it's not accepted as
research. It's a formal barrier, but it's there. So
even saying that I go for the windows interface, I
would definately HAVE TO work on new "fancy things",
otherwise my project would not be classified as a
proper thesis. Do you know what I mean?

But I WILL consider with much care all the requests
and suggestions, and try to "include" them in whatever
project I come to develop. Right now I'm very busy
with another project development (an educational
material (software), that teaches JSL in English),
which must be finished (at least the prototype) by the
middle of next month.

Let's all pray that whatever result comes out of it,
it'll be something really useful for the deaf
community in the world.

And any idea or thing I even think about developing,
I'll be talking to you all, guys.

Warm hugs!

Rikki
(^o^)

  Message 6231  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index