forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6273  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  GS-Media
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  4:28 pm
Subject:  Re: ZURICH: Fist and in-between planes questions

Dear Stefan, Charles and Valerie

Our goat question brought great helpful replies about how to notate
orientation of the closed fist - many thanks to all of you.
Carmen, Siv and I spend alot of time on all your answers today (Friday
is the only day we are all in the office together - hence the delay in
our answer.)

The attached Gif shows the notation we settled on for goat. Note that
the variant of GOAT we are notating here is the one we decided to use as
the base form. It begins with a 'C' hand (not a fist) which then closes
into the fist Using the "C" means that the orientation of the hand is
clear. Siv has also convinced us that for the variant which begins with
a fist that I described in my previous email, we wouldn't need to
notate the arm because with the notated movement and resulting
handshape, there is only one orientation which the hand can have at the
beginning. Hope this reasoning is clear (and right?).

The Zurich SignWriting-Team (Penny, Siv, Carmen)

Attachment
goat.gif.sit
Type: application/x-stuffit

VCard
Penny Boyes Braem

GS-MEDIA

Oerlikonerstrasse 98

CH-8057 Zürich

Schweiz

Cell: 078 6622309
Fax: ++41 (0)1 312-1362
Home: ++41 (0)61 361-7936
Work: ++41 (0)1 312-4850

  Replies Author Date
6274 Re: ZURICH: Fist and in-between planes questions Valerie Sutton Fri  1/25/2002

  Message 6273  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index