forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6280  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  12:48 pm
Subject:  Re: SW vs. Stokoe notation

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> That's interesting, Angus. I guess this means that you are not using the
> Stokoe system yourself? I actually thought you might be, for
> programming....

Of course I am. But the stress was on "complete." I chose the
Stokoe system because it's the simplest of all the systems, and probably
the easiest for a sign phonologist to read. That was what I needed for a
prototype, but I didn't think that it was complete enough to be used in
the final version.

-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department
University of New Mexico

  Message 6280  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index