forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6290  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Judy A. Kegl"
Date:  Thu Jan 31, 2002  2:57 am
Subject:  Re: ARABIC NATIONS: 36 teachers using SW...

Mohamed,

We have been teaching the students in Bluefields about the world's major
religions for the past few years. For anything involving Islam, we use our
sign for crescent moon as part of the sign. The signs for Mecca, Saudi
Arabia and the Ka'ba are virtually identical, by the way, and relate to the
Black Stone. We will be studying the life of Mahomet in detail in February,
and we have not developed a sign-name for him. Can you describe or use SW
to show me how Deaf people in your country sign the Prophet's name?

Thanks,

James Shepard-Kegl

  Replies Author Date
6292 Re: ARABIC NATIONS: 36 teachers using SW... Dan Parvaz Thu  1/31/2002

  Message 6290  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index