forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6323  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Feb 4, 2002  7:26 pm
Subject:  SW in University Linguistics Courses

SignWriting List
February 4, 2002

Dear SW List Members:
Linguistics courses at universities are starting to include some
SignWriting. Shannon Casey, who is teaching a course at the Univ. of
California at San Diego (UCSD), recently posted a message about her
use of SignWriting in the classroom...

This Spring, at the University of Southern Maine, Judy Shepard Kegl
is teaching a Linguistics Field Methods class, and I have been
invited to read and participate in her students' discussions about
SignWriting on their univeristy's web page.

What fun! Judy posted this question to her students:

"Why notate signs at all?"

And 10 students responded - I am reading their answers now, and then
I will respond to all of them...smile...

6324 Re: SW in University Linguistics Courses Valerie Sutton Mon  2/4/2002
6325 Re: SW in University Linguistics Courses MGirod & ACPrélaz Mon  2/4/2002

  Message 6323  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index