forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6330  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Feb 12, 2002  3:41 pm
Subject:  For Programmers: GIFs for SW Symbols

SignWriting List
February 12, 2002

Hello Sergio -
Please excuse my delay in responding...

Your attached diagram is great, Sergio. Your idea, combined with
other software that other people are developing, will be a useful
tool...

And thank you, Angus, for your response too - You are right about the
keyboard issue - The Danes, years ago, created a program similar to
Sergio's, which they called TegnBank.
They used only the mouse, with no keyboard...but because it lacked a
way to type with the keyboard, we chose to develop a way to type
SignWriting because we needed that so badly...

So Sergio, your program is dependent upon me....why? Because I have
to finish SignBank and SymbolBank. If I don't do that, you will not
have all the symbols to place in those boxes...If you are in a rush,
then you can use the limited symbolset that is on the web, on the
SWML site, developed by Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa....

https://swml.ucpel.tche.br/

So please be patient...and meanwhile, many thanks for all you are doing!

Val ;-)

------------------------

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Sergio Ribeiro wrote:

> It is all a need. Conclusion, I do not need develop a program, because a can
> import simbolls in Word Clip Galery, after a will can use for compose signs.
> It is very easy.I can too create a new group in Word Clip Galery with my
> final signs like as Dictionary. Look the attached file. It is a begin, news
> are possible...

This is definitely a good start, Sergio! But I think that it will
be too slow with the mouse. Eventually, people will need to use the
keyboard.

-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department
University of New Mexico

  Message 6330  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index