forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6353  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Feb 18, 2002  7:41 pm
Subject:  Hello Everyone! ;-)

SignWriting List
February 18, 2002

Dear SW List Members!
Hello....I am sorry I have not been able to post many messages lately...

I have promised the Zurich project to finish the editing of their
marvelous SignWriting story "Noah", which is written in German-Swiss
Sign Language.

There are 55 complex Sign Language sentences on video, and I am
working on Sentence 54, which has monkey, lion, elephant and turtle
movements...This time, the animals are jumping out of Noah's
boat...happy to be on land again after the storm!!

The Deaf signer, Bibi, deserves an Academy Award (an award giving in
Hollywood to movie stars) for visually exciting signing, telling the
story so that even people like me, who do not know their language,
can understand everything!!

And when it comes to writing all those mime-like gestures, I am
writing great detail, with the idea that then the Zurich team can
decide for themselves what they feel is important to write, and what
is not...As a movement notator it is harder for me to make those
decisions...so I am writing a lot more detail than you would for
"everyday-writing"...It will be interesting to see how the document
looks when it is published!

And it can't get published, if I don't get back to work!! - I am
close to the end!

Once again, I must say, I am soooo impressed with the elegant job the
Zurich project is doing...we are definitely entering the era of MORE
SignWriting Literature to read...that is for sure!

Have a splendid day everyone!

___________________________

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 6353  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index