forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6432  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Wed Feb 27, 2002  12:53 pm
Subject:  Re: Charles' request

Just to clarify, I am trying to get ALL the words that mean royalty or
peerage in a wide variety of languages. I am a member of the Society for
Creative Anachronism which researches the medieval period when royalty was
at its height. I would say "queen" but that is ONE country, not every
country in medieval Europe, and there are the following peerages, that I
know of, in the world at the present day.

England - British Sign Language
Belgium
Netherlands
Luxembourg
Norway
Sweden
Spain
Andorra
Liechtenstein
Saudi Arabia
Jordan
Japan
Thailand
Burma
Tonga

I presume that each country has its own peerage, and its own sign language,
and I am looking for comparative equivalents.