forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6502  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Mar 14, 2002  5:20 pm
Subject:  Re: MALTA: Maltese Sign Language Dictionary

SignWriting List
March 14, 2002

Maria Azzopardi wrote:
>the thing is, at the moment we are still working on the dictionary and
>unfortunately are far from finishing it- for a while now we have been
>constantly bumping (if not crashing) into problems, which of course slows down
>the progress (grumble, grumble)

Hello Maria -
If it makes you feel any better, it takes a lifetime, if not longer,
to create good dictionaries, and every dictionary-maker will tell you
that it is never perfect, but an on-going experience...so you are not
alone!

Are you using SignWriter 4.4 to type your dictionaries in
SignWriting? SignWriter dictionary files can hold up to 10,000 signs
at one time. Stefan, in Germany, tells me that he has a dictionary
over 8,000 signs now. Congratulations, Stefan!

Val ;-)

  Message 6502  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index