forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6509  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Mar 16, 2002  1:56 am
Subject:  Re: SW transparency: ideographic iconicity & alphabetic regularity.

SignWriting List
March 15, 2002

Ha! Smile...Dan you always have something geeky to say ;-))

Meanwhile I really would like to know the answer to the
question..."Transparency" in the PowerPoint world means printing on
plastic (that then projects on a screen for a presentation)...or
perhaps I don't know Power Point - ha!

And transparency can mean "see-through"... or "superficial"....

Does "transparency" in relationship to SignWriting mean that it can
be used in many ways? or that it is a flexible writing system? If so,
then Fernando explained it beautifully!

Val ;-)

------------------------

And trans>Dixit Val:

>>What does the term "transparency" mean in the linguistic profession?
>
>It's an outmoded concept... we've replace it with "PowerPoint" :-)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Dan.

>,,,
>.. . D A N P A R V A Z -- Geek-in-Residence
> U University of New Mexico Linguistics Dept
> - dparvaz@{unm.edu,lanl.gov} 505.480.9638

  Replies Author Date
6513 Re: SW transparency: ideographic iconicity & alph Dan Parvaz Sat  3/16/2002

  Message 6509  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index