forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6533  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Mar 18, 2002  4:43 pm
Subject:  Re: How do you write..?

SignWriting List
March 18, 2002

Maria Azzopardi from Malta wrote:
>What do you do when you need to write a sign, where the hand-movement
>occurs right in front of the face (nose area). Can you write the
>handshape right in front of the face (I already forsee problems by doing
>so, because there is no space left on the face for facial expressions) ?

Hello Maria!
Thank you for your question. Yes. You can write the hand directly on
top of a Facial Circle, if you feel it is readable...However, it is
not always a good solution, as you said.

You can write the Nose Line in the center of the Facial Circle. This
means that the sign is "relating to" the Nose or "relating to the
center of the face". Please the attached diagram:
Attachment
relating_to.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 6533  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index