forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6578  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Dan Parvaz
Date:  Thu Mar 21, 2002  5:24 am
Subject:  Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do you want?

> What about mispellings? For example, choosing a palm down symbol when
> you want a
> palm forward?

One of the things I'm working on for my purposes is a "Soundex"-style
search for SW. The actual Soundex algorithm is here:

https://www.bluepoof.com/Soundex/info.html

Anyway, it should be reasonably simple to work something similar for SW,
based partially on the visual noise findings in Klima and Bellugi. It
should be easy to include this in your SignBase, modulo some futzing
around in FileMaker :-)

Cheers,

Dan.

  Replies Author Date
6591 SIGNBANK 3: Search Routines Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002
6592 Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do y Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002

  Message 6578  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index