forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6732  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Apr 5, 2002  4:40 pm
Subject:  Re: survey

SignWriting List
April 5, 2002

Hillary Hittner wrote:
>> Ron -I misunderstood you question before when you said you needed
>>to take some time to explain the people. Who are you explaining
>>them to?

Hi Hillary -
Of course Ron can answer for himself, but I thought I might guess at
the answer to your question...

Ron is the pastor of a Deaf Church, with around 50 to 100 Deaf
congregation members, who use American Sign Language. The Deaf
members are not on the SignWriting List. Nor are they necessarily
online at all....Ron explained to me that some of his Deaf members
are very well educated and know several languages, however there are
others in his church who do not read and write English well, but sign
beautifully. So I would assume that Ron will have to sign to
interpret your survey into American Sign Language, so his Deaf
friends can respond...

Then he will have to translate what they say in American Sign
Language, into English and write that for you - So that is a big job
for Ron and takes time...

I am so happy for you, Hillary, that all is going so well with your thesis!

___________________________

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 6732  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index