forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6810  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
Date:  Wed Apr 17, 2002  8:06 am
Subject:  Re: Japanese Sign Language Signs

Stuart,
I forwarded your post to my SW "student" (its more like we're learning SW together) Ms. Hagiwara and she looked up the English and came to class last Friday with a critique. I would like to send the results of our discussion. Do you have your information in a dictionary file or an SGN file that you can send me? That would make it easier for me to compare your SW with ours.

Thanks,

Mark

At 21:34 02/04/06 +0900, you wrote:
>>>>

> Will get to it. Maybe next Friday's SW class. Thanks so much. I've got a JSL dictionary of about 75 words or so built--maybe we can share.
>
> Mark
>
> At 10:46 02/04/02 -0600, you wrote:
> >>>>
>
>
> > I was talking with a friend who recently visited in Japan. She explained some of the Japanese signs she had learned. I tried my best to practice my SW by writing them down and then putting them in a custom SignWriter Dictionary. I printed off that dictionary into the PDF file I have attached. I would appreciate feedback from those on the list concerning how I wrote these signs (especially you, Mark). Did I write these correctly and clearly? Am I missing any key facial expressions or should I have picked a clearer handshape or movement? I'm just curious to see how well I wrote these. I'd like to correct these and then give her a copy.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> > Stuart Thiessen
> > Des Moines, IA
> >

> > $BI|85$5$l$?E:IU%U%!%$%k!' (J"C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\attach\SWNIPPON.pdf"
> >
> >
> <<<<