forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2080  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 26, 1999  5:14 am
Subject:  Re: Perhaps small .GIF's are best?

>I do have SignWriter set up at work right now on a Win95 machine, but I
>wasn't sure what others thought about having alternatives so people in my
>minority situation wouldn't have to run to work or find another machine to
>bring up SGN files. It's probably no different than typing a translation
>of what you already typed in another language (SMILE).
>
>Stuart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You read my thoughts! Today, when I read the .GIF files inside my email
message, I read them immediately. But when I had to leave my email and go
open a SignWriter file, I found myself getting busy with other things and I
actually forgot about looking at the file!

Then I realized that is exactly what everyone was saying about typing a
second spoken language - it is just enough extra work that people won't do
it, even though they CAN do it...and so it goes in our busy world!

So I suspect the .GIF files hold great value, although they are a little
annoying to produce - but if List members improve their SignWriting skills
from reading the .GIF files, I think it is worth it.

This is a unique List - you have to admit! :-)

And notice how Stefan from Germany wanted to know what the ASL meant - It
is good to have a common language like English to give us an understanding
of what is happening with all these languages!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2080  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index