forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2264  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Nov 11, 1999  5:14 pm
Subject:  Re: Nice to know

James Shepard-Kegl wrote:
>There is no "correct" way to spell a particular sign yet, but this may be
>attributed to a paucity of ASL literature. SW is quite young, especially if
>you discount those first two decades when the system had not yet caught on.
>(Indeed, SW has not caught on even now. I like to think all of us are in
>the vanguard in this respect.)

Hi James -
That is sure true - this List is filled with people who support the idea of
SignWriting...but out in the "real world" - ha! - most people have never
heard of it.

So yes, you are on the vanguard....

I bet Nicaraguan Sign Language has produced the most titles written in
SignWriting so far...How many titles do you have now?

  Message 2264  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index