forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3063  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Mon Mar 13, 2000  6:44 pm
Subject:  Re: Making QuickTime Video Clips

You could also post intermediatary clips on Egroups/Onelist listservs. For
example, if someone can make AVI but not MPEG and needs to send it to someone
who can convert AVI to MPEG, they can use the listservs to transfer files at
their convenience without forcing a download through email. Once the clips
are done, you could move them to the SW server (presuming that server to be
the final destination).

BTW, Quicktime can be viewed on PC's, too. I'm using Media Player on Windows
98 and can view MOV files, which are quicktime single-fork format. To test
your machine (Windows PC) there might be a sample.mov file in your Windows
directory. It's nothing more than an animated QT logo. I also found an old
Budweiser commercial and a Music video in MOV (QT) format and they played fine
too. Note that QT movies have to be single fork (flattened) to play on PC's.

I took a look at my software that came with my video capture card and I can
only save video clips in AVI format from my camcorder or VCR.

I did a quick search for QT <-> AVI conversion utilities and found the
following page:
https://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/b9f6.htm

It's a tutorial of sorts which also tells where to find utilities.

Bill Reese