forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3234  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 19, 2000  5:38 pm
Subject:  Re: More wonderful features with .PDF!

At 8:02 AM -0400 4/18/00, Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:

> Of course, but not in a blanket license to redistribute, which is
>what I thought you were going to ask them for. They may be more receptive
>if they know that it will only be given to certain schools.

SignWriting List
April 19, 2000

Thank you, Angus, for all your important information about creating
PDF files. This is very important...

I am asking if anyone would be willing to try to learn how to make
PDF files from SignWriter files? ...whether it is with Adobe Acrobat
4.0, or with GhostWriter... doesn't matter which program. I would
like to ask someone to place an entire dictionary into a .PDF file?

So, I need volunteers of people to start learning how to transfer
SignWriter files to PDF - this is going to change our world - I
really mean it....so I hope some people will write to me about trying
this. Maybe Angus can continue to give us excellent tech support!
smile...

Anyway- I have some news....

I called Adobe at:

Adobe Software
Gifts-In-Kind
888-288-4043

The Gifts-In-Kind is an Adobe Philanthropy Council's program that
donates software to people with disabilities, to schools and to
nonprofits that work with education or disabilities. So we fit their
program well.

I left a message asking them to mail me the application forms and I
am going to try to get a whole pile of copies of Adobe Acrobat 4.0
donated to us...then at least I can distribute those copies to
individuals such as Stefan in Germany, who need to learn how to make
SignWriter files become PDF files...

Until I receive those donated copies, I hope you all will download
GhostWriter and start -

If we can get SignWriter dictionaries into .PDF format, that will
change our world, because we will be able to send entire dictionaries
to others in a format they can read. They will not have to own
SignWriter, to be able to print and read SignWriting dictionaries -
Any volunteers?